District Education Office Boudh
The District Education Office ,Addl. District Education Officer, and the Block Education Officers Boudh looks after the General Administration of schools under school and Mass education Department in Boudh District. The DPC looks after the Elementary Education of Boudh District. A number of educational Institutions are established to impart education to the children of this District. The following figure shows the no. of Educational Institutions:
- To look after the overall development of academic and administrative setup of Secondary Education.
- To develop general foundation in different subjects like Mathematics, Science, English, MIL, Social Science & Classical Languages.
- To provide various exposures, guidance and counseling to the students to build their carrier.
- To provide basic skills at Secondary Level so as to enable the student to stand in their own feet.
- To monitor the progress of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements in schools.
- To provide and ensure quality education to all young persons of 11-16 years with strong focus on gender equity & justice.
- Development of Health & Hygiene, Games and Sports activities.
- Development of mental skills by organising different types competitions like Essay, Debate, Quiz etc.
- Development of spiritual value and moral education among the students by implementing Yoga &Pranayam as co-scholastic subject.
- Organisation of Science Exhibition, Science Seminar, Science Drama to build scientific temper in the student and make Science a popular subject at secondary stage.
- To enhance a sense of service mentality in the minds of future citizens of country through Scout , Guide, JRC, NCC etc.
- Conducting focus programme for high achievers to achieve quality in the High School Certificate Examinations.
- Orientation programme on Adolescence Education, Traffic Rules, Health & First Aids etc.
- To create environmental awareness through Eco Club activities.
- Inculcate a sense of traditional heritage, culture & customs among the students.
- Establishment of Model Schools in 3 Educational Backward Blocks.
- Up-Gradation U.P/ M.E. Schools to High Schools.
- Capacity Building of Teachers (SAMARTHYA)
- Functioning of School Management and Development Committee (SMDC) in Govt. and Govt. Aided High Schools.
- Inspiring students particularly girls through different scholarships and incentive schemes.
- No. of Elementary Schools:767
- No. of High Schools : 41
- No. of Colleges: 22
Government of Odisha has committed itself to have universalization of Elementary Education in the State. For achieving the target of universalization these centers are opened and made operational on the demand of the community thereby ensuring community participation and involvement in the field of primary Education within a specified time-frame.
SARVA SIKHYA ABHIYAN- RIGHT TO EDUCATION (SSA-RTE) BOUDH:
- Imparting quality education for eight years to all Children in the age group of 6-14 years.
- Sarva Sikhya Abhiyan (SSA) is a Government of India’s flagship Programme for achievement of Universalization of Elementary Education (UEE) in a time bound manner, as mandated by 86th amendment to the Constitution of India making free and compulsory Education to the Children of 6-14 years age group, a Fundamental Right.
In Boudh District Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan has been implemented since with the following objectives-
- All children of 6-14 years age group in school by 2003
- All children to complete 5 years of schooling by 2007
- All children to complete 8 years of schooling by 2012
- Universal retention by 2012
- Bridge all gender and social category gaps at primary stage by 2007 and at Upper Primary stage by 2010
- Focus on Elementary Education of satisfactory quality with focus on education for life.