DETAILS INFORMATION ON BENEFICIARY-ORIENTED SCHEMES OPERATED IN THE FISHERIES SECTOR
There are following schemes are implemented for beneficiaries oriented in Fisheries Sector in Boudh District.:-
MATSYA POKHARI YOJONA ( MPY):-
This is a state Govt. priority scheme started in the year i.e. 2017-18. In this scheme, a beneficiary who has not availed of any fisheries loan earlier is only eligible. A beneficiary can avail of this scheme for the construction of a new tank only with Rs. 8.50 lakhs unit cost per ha. and having 50% subsidy. One beneficiary can maximum get 2.00 ha. benefit and minimum 0.20 ha. water area and it is once only. The subsidy is available in the Bank Finance sector as well as the Without Bank finance sector. In both, the sector subsidy is the same. Without a Bank Finance sector, the beneficiary needs to obtain a certificate from Tahasildar regarding the source of finance that he has invested for the new tank excavation. Similarly, for the release of subsidies in Bank Finance cases, a subsidy-releasing committee is constituted under the chairmanship of Dy. Director of Fisheries, Balasore, and District Fisheries Officer, Dy. Director of Agriculture or his representative as members. The subsidy is released after the recommendation of the Subsidy releasing committee. Similarly, the beneficiaries are selected under District Beneficiaries Selection Committee (DBSC) under the chairmanship of the Collector and the District Fisheries Officer, a representative of Agriculture & F.E. Deptt., and a representative of the Lead Bank Manager are members. After the completion of the tank construction work, a verification certificate needs to be obtained from the local Revenue Inspector regarding the excavation of tanks in the plot in which the project report was prepared. The subsidy is released in two phases i.e. 50% of the total subsidy will be released soon after the completion of excavation work and the balance 50% after the stocking of fingerlings. The beneficiary needs to construct a small nursery tank near his stocking tank whose area will be just 10% of the stocking tank. The aim is to develop fingerlings or yearlings by the beneficiary himself and thus can easily available big-sized seeds and thus enhance fish production. The details of unit cost for one ha.;-
- Tank construction – Rs. 5,00,000/-
- Subsidy Rs. 4,25,000/- in two phases.
- Watchmanshed-cum- Storehouse- 1,00,000/-
- Water facilities, Pump, etc.– 1,00,000/-
- Total- Rs. 7,00,000/-
- Pisciculture Expenses -Rs. 1,50,000/-
- Total- Rs. 8,50,000/-
N:B: The beneficiary needs to deposit 0.5% of the project cost as user fees prior to the preparation of the Plan and Estimate.
Under this scheme so many sectors are covered which are as follows;-
- Construction of Ponds and Tanks in Fresh Water;- The unit cost is as in the case of Matsya Pokhari Yojona the subsidy was 50% till 2016-17 but from 2017-18 onwards subsidy is 40% for General Caste and 60% for SC/ST. The renovation of the old tank is available in this scheme the unit cost is for the renovation of one ha. tank – Rs. 3,50,000/- with pisciculture- Rs. 1,50,000/- that is total Rs. 5,00,000/-. User Fees need to be deposited as in the case of MPY.
- Construction of Ponds and Tanks in Brackish Water sector;- Construction of tanks in the Brackish water sector is available the unit cost is for new construction Rs. 6,00,000/- per ha. and Shrimp culture- Rs. 7,43,000/- i.e. all total Rs. 13,43,000/ with subsidy is Rs. 3,00,000/- for excavation & Rs. 1,50,000/- for vennamae culture- Total subsidy is Rs. 4,50,000/- for one ha. In the case of Brackish water, the beneficiary needs to obtain a Letter of Permission for L.Vennamae culture and also License from Coastal Aquaculture Authority, Chennai and he must abide by all rules and regulations of shrimp culture. User Fees need to be deposited. For renovation cases the renovation unit cost is Rs. 3,20,000/- plus shrimp culture cost – Rs. 7,43,000/- total Rs. 10,63,000/- with subsidy limitation is Rs. 1,60,000/- for renovation and Rs. 1,50,000/- for shrimp culture thus total Rs. 3,10,000/- per ha.
- Water-logged area development:- In this scheme low-lying and swampy land can be developed for pisciculture. The unit cost for tank construction Rs. 5,00,000/- & Pisciculture Rs. 1,50,000/- total of Rs. 6,50,000/- per ha. with a 40% subsidy.
- Fish Transport:- In this scheme fishermen doing fish business or selling fishes through door to door, in order to facilitate the Govt. is providing a Moped maximum of Rs. 60,000/- cost (Including one Icebox) with a subsidy of a maximum of Rs. 30,000/- For purchase of auto with dala for fish business one can get Rs. 2,00,000/- unit cost and the subsidy is Rs. 1,00,000/-. The beneficiary must be a member of a Primary Fishermen Co-op. Soc. Or a women SHG member. And he will exclusively use it for the purpose of fish business only must have purchased three Ice boxes.
- Boats & Nets Purchase;- In this scheme the fishermen will purchase newly constructed boats and nets for which the scheme is Rs. 30,000/- Per boat, Rs. 20,000/- per Net. Total Rs. 50,000/- The subsidy is Rs. 25,000/-
- Scholarship to meritorious children of Fishermen;- All the children of Fishermen who have passed matriculation during the current session are eligible to get a scholarship based on their marks obtained in the matriculation and they must join the college for higher study. The of rate scholarship is as follows;- Rs. 7500/- Children secured 70% or above, Rs. 5000/- if obtained 60-69% marks in HSC examination, and Rs. 3000/- marks from 50-59%. This is for one time.
RASTRIYA KRISHI VIKASH YOJANA (RKVY);-
In this scheme since last year fresh water was available but from this year 2018-19 it is now discontinued it is now will be implemented only in the Brackish water sector. The unit cost is as was in Blue revolution. Here only new tanks are allowed. The minimum water area must be 0.40 ha. i.e. Ac. 1.00. The subsidy will be @ 50% of unit cost and can be operated both Bank Finance or without BF.
Skill Upgradation Training is very often imparted to the fish farmers both in freshwater as well as brackish water sectors so that fish farmers/ fishermen and shrimp farmers can be well acquainted themselves with the latest technologies available for scientific culture. There are two training centers available with the state Govt. ( i) Fishery Training Institute, Balugaon for Freshwater (FTI) & ( ii) Brackish Water Training Centre, Paradeep (BWTC) for brackish water culture. Besides District level and Block level skill gradation training is also imparted to the fish farmers and fishermen. Booklets and leaflets are very often distributed to fish farmers. Similarly in the District Level Fair displays of various fisheries projects are made available for the public.
Prime Minister Bima Suraksha YOJANA (PMBSY):-
In this scheme fishermen, members of Primary Fishermen Co-Op. Societies, members of fisheries self-help groups, fish farmers, or BFDA farmers are covered under this PMBSY scheme free of premium. In this insurance scheme, the nominee will get Rs. 2,00,000/- if the insured person dies. And if totally or partially fatal injured then Rs. 1,00,000/-.